Fifth Corner is seeking a talented and experienced professional to become an integral part of its accounting team. The Senior Property Accountant will be responsible for performing all daily accounting and financial reporting functions related to our portfolio of properties, including but not limited to: application of rent, property expense AP, NNN reconciliations, depreciation and lease/capital management. Additionally, the Senior Property Accountant will have the highest level of integrity and critical thinking skills to support and maximize the company’s external and internal reporting and analysis. The Senior Property Accountant will be in a position to work directly with the managing partners and controller to contribute to the annual audit, tax compliance, corporate strategy and property budgets/business plans.
This position will office at 20405 State Highway 249, Suite 810; Houston, Texas 77070 at the Fifth Corner headquarters.
• Depositing and recording of tenant rent checks and allocation between base rent and various expense reimbursement.
• Reconciling property cash account with the bank and GL monthly.
• Managing property payables and cutting checks to vendor (or managing a third-party payment vendor).
• Monthly analysis of various workpapers including accruals, prepaid insurance, real estate taxes, bad debt and fixed assets.
• Prepare monthly property financial statements (balance sheet and income statement) along with a consolidating schedule per fund.
• Review property invoices for proper coding and authorization and oversight of the AP process.
• Ensure that all sales information is collected and resides in MRI for all tenants with sales reporting.
• Prepare NNN reconciliations quarterly for evaluation and annually for communication and collection from the tenants.
• Manage the annual property budgeting process and coordinate with property management, leasing and asset management for complete budget and business plan process.
• Assist controller or accounting manager with the annual audit(s) and tax returns – ensuring a high standard of fiduciary responsibility and achieving deadlines.
• Special projects and analysis to assist in the overall growth and success of Fifth Corner.
Key Job Elements:
• Team player with a positive attitude.
• Ability to see the big picture, look around corners, and communicate challenges and solutions.
• Participate in weekly team meetings.
• Lead by example and effectively demonstrate the importance of maintaining an environment with high levels of ethical standards compliance.
• Support other areas of the company such as Property Management and Asset Management with preparation and analysis of financial information along with buy-side due diligence support.
Collaborative work ethic with an active curiosity and desire to grow personally and professionally. Individuals must possess the 5C’s (Core Values, Character, Competence, Communication, and Community) and demonstrate a positive attitude, cooperative team spirit, service mindset, and a desire to be a part of a best-of-class team. The position requires strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and an attention to detail that leads to accuracy and the meeting of deadlines. Excellent oral and written communications skills are necessary. Individual must be a self-starter and be able to perform job duties with little daily supervision.
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in accounting
• Five (5) years of accounting experience in the real estate industry, preferably within the retail sector
• Full-cycle monthly property close experience including preparation and analysis of NNN reconciliations
• Exceptional computer literacy with a robust knowledge of MRI (or Yardi) and Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a robust ability to communicate reports, data, and analysis to a variety of audiences
SUBMIT RESUMES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org